Sunday, December 11, 2011

{Day 11} The 12 Days of Christmas at AWDML


Day 11 of “The Twelve Days of Christmas” Sale at AWDML is wonderful! Here’s why: My Favorite Things Die-naimcs Buy 2 get 1 50% off
I recently started working in grade school and have several new co-workers! I want to give a few of them something special to celebrate the holidays and let them know how much I appreciate their help everyday. I decided to make one of them a set of Gift Tags. Here's a pic of the whole collection of five:
I used American Craft's Christmas papers for the printed papers, Bazzill paper for several of the tag bases, and "My Favorite Things" felt for most of the die cut images.
The tags were all started in the same basic way-with card stock:
I will use this round tag as an example of how to begin creating your own set of tags.
Step 1: Choose a die from your dies on hand or grab a new die from the AWDML website. Choose a base color of cardstock to use too and cut out the base shape. I like adding texture too-so I also embossed my die cut piece of cardstock with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. Ink the edges of the die cut piece with silver or gold for sparkle.
Step 2: Die cut some warm fuzzy felt! I used a blue piece of felt from My Favorite Things pack of felt I purchased online from the AWDML store. I used a Spellbinder die, an Accucut die, and a Sizzix die  and my Vagabond machine to cut the felt.
Step 3: Adhere the blue felt to the black base (I used glue dots). Layer another die cut piece on top of the larger felt die cut piece. Add a button (or similar bobble) to the top of the layers.
Step 4: Add color to felt piece that aren't the color you want them to be. I inked the white and blue felt with Ranger distress ink. Tie a knot out of twine and adhere to the button top. Place a grommet in the top of the tag & run matching twine to the grommet hole to complete the tag.
Step 5: Felt can be stamped on! I used a rubber acrylic stamp and Ranger Adirondack stamp pad on this tag's tree image stamped on white felt.
I used atyou Spica Glitter pens to add a touch of color and shading to the tree.
Be sure to add a bit of ribbon or a bow to each tag you create!
Step 6: Change the color of the felt to match your patterned paper! I used Tattered Angel's Glimmer Mist to change the white felt snowman to a grey/blue/silver snowman to match the paper. This snowman was cut with a Sizzix die. I used Ranger Stickles in the snowflake centers, pink & black gingham ribbon, black and white twine to add interest and dimension to the tag.
Remember to add dimension by embossing the card base, inking the felt just as you would paper, and use twine and ribbon to each tag!



May your holidays be filled with "JOY"!
Remember, you can place multiple orders during the 12 day period of “The Twelve Days of Christmas” sale. Just putting an item in your cart without checking out does not “save” it for you. So, your best bet to get what you want is to complete your order every day and AWDML will  combine your orders and ship on the 13th of December after the sale is over. Remember today’s sale is"My Favorite Things Die-niamics Buy 2 get 1 50% off". Have fun shopping!
Supplies:

Glitter: Ranger Stickles
Dies: Sizzix, Spellbinder, and Accucut
Embossing folders: Snowflakes

No comments: