Thursday, March 15, 2012

{Card Challenge} Monochromatic Color Challenge


Posted Image

First, a few Fun Facts from Lisa, store owner of AWDML: We now own a 3,300 square foot building in downtown Rock Valley, Iowa. We have a 23x26 classroom/workshop area that will fit 16 ladies for a crop or class.
Old Store
Attached Image: OldStoreForWeb.jpg
New store
Attached Image: NewStore3FORWEB.jpg
I still do the majority of the work for AWDML. I have 2 ladies that come in and help at the B&M store, but I purchase, check in, update the online store, and do the accounting for AWDML. Lacinda comes in about 2 days a week for me and she packs online orders, merchandises the inventory, arranges the store, and is my right hand lady. Samantha works a few days a month to give me a Saturday off, and she also teaches some classes one Saturday per month. My mom also comes in when we need her, and she helps price items for clearance, cuts our felt for Stamp School, and organizes the back room.
And now a Card Challenge from Shelly:  Create a monochromatic card using different texture to add interest to the card's design. I've included felt, funky ribbon from Little Black Dress, canvas flowers, pins, floss & dry embossing with Distress Ink to add dimension and interest to my monochromatic card. It's your turn next! Create a monochromatic card and post it to the AWDML blog using Mr.Linky. You have until March 30, 2012 to post your creation.

Shelly's Color Card Challenge:  Create a monochromatic card using different texture to add interest to your design. I've included felt, funky ribbon from Little Black Dress, canvas flowers, pins, floss & dry embossing with Distress Ink to add dimension and interest to my monochromatic card. It's your turn next! Create a monochromatic card and post it to the AWDML blog using Mr.Linky:

Supply List:
Ink: Festive Berries Distress Ink from Ranger (ON SALE: Tim Holtz Winter Distress Ink pads. Normally $17.99 on sale for $13.99)
Guidelines:
All challenges will be posted from March 5th to March 8th. You will have till March 30th to link your creations in the Mr.linky box. For every challenge that you do, your name will be put in a random drawing. The winner will recieve $15 GC to the store.
How I did it: First I cut a 4"x5.5" size card from white cards stock and embossed the card front using a Sizzix embossing folder. Secondly, I colored the embossed images with the Distress Ink: Festive Berries using a Tim Holtz blending tool. Third, I die cut a felt border and inked the felt with the Festive Berries Distress Ink. Fourth, I die cut a flower and layered it's concentric pieces including a Jillibean Soup Canvas flower. Before adhering the flower using a pop dot, I curled the Little Black Dress ribbon using scissors and split the fibers and then inked the fibers using Distress Ink: Festive Berries and adhered the ribbon behind the flower. Sixth, I wrapped the pins with floss and adhered them to the center of the flower using glue dots. Seventh, I adhered the Jillibean Soup "Smile" sticker to top center of felt and used a hole punch to place holes on either end of the sticker. I placed silver brads through holes. Lastly I used a Martha Stewart border punch along bottom of card and saved the "waste" strip and placed that along the very bottom of the card.

No comments: