Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sassy Lil' Sketches-Week 1 Layout (August)

Loved this awesome layout sketch from Sassy Lil' Sketches so I had to try it out!

I received my August samples from The Scrapbooking Studio (my favorite LSS!) in Moline, IL and used the Cosmo Cricket 6x6 pad (perfect for this type of layout) to create this 12x12 page layout. I really love the grid! I used a white pen to create the faux stiches, Bella Blvd. 12x12 sheet of letters for the title and journaling (this saved so much time!!), Accucut dies for the butterflies and pennant, and Tim Holtz die for the small journaling piece at the top. Mark and I celebrated our fifteen wedding anniversary in Galena, IL. This layout worked great as an opportunity to have several photos on one page.






7 comments:

sandi said...

How nice! I really like the pp's that you used for the squares! Great pic too! Tks. for playing along with us!

Jessica Carter said...

Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us over at Sassy Lil' Sketches!

Ashley Horton said...

This is a great page! I love the patterned paper strips you used against the teal background! Thanks for playing along with us at SLS!!

Jamie Fox said...

I LOVE that paper line!! What line is it? Girl I LOVE your take on this sketch!! Thank you for playing along with Sassy Lil Sketches and good luck!!

Marg Van Patten said...

Lovely page .... your background color really sets off the patterend papers well. Thanks for playing at Sassy!

Cherie said...

Love your take on the sketch! You rocked it!

Tone K. said...

Very cute and pretty ! Great colors and great take on the sketch ! :o)

Thanks for playing with us at Sassy Lil Sketches ! :o)