Friday, September 16, 2011

A Walk Down Memory Lane: Product Review

Slick Writers by American Crafts
The Slick Writer is a pen "must-have" in my opinion because it allows scrapbookers and cardmakers to write on surfaces that would otherwise go unused and less embellished. Slick Writers contain quick-dry ink and their durable acrylic tip makes this the ideal marker for writing on lots & lots of surfaces, including photos, stickers, ribbon, vellum, metal and glass. I was introduced to the Slick Writer several years ago when I was whining to a friend about not being able to find a pen to write on Maya Road plastic journaling tags. Well, with Slick Writer's you can! They also work great on photo paper (which is what I used in my card example here). Sometimes I find myself wanting to add a bit of journaling to a picture-especially in an area of the photo that is blank-maybe an inspirational word-like "Hope" or "Love". I pull out my Slick Write and it works great. Slick Writers come in lots of different sizes-fine, medium, and broad and are also available in different colors. I created my card using American Crafts patterned paper, photo paper, Ranger alcohol inks, stencils, bling and green gingham ribbon & of course a fine black Slick Writer!

No comments: