Shelly here with an EZ inky tutorial: Create dimensional custom dyed flowers using regular coffee filters, dye ink, and Perfect Pearls in just a few easy steps.
1. Gather your supplies: You will need four coffee filters, dye ink like Ranger Distress Ink, a small sprayer like the Ranger mini-mister, and Ranger Perfect Pearls as well as scissors, a heart shape to use as a template OR a die like Sizzix Flowers, 3-D #2, a heat tool, brad for flower center.
2. Stack all four coffee filters together and fold into quarters.
3. Place heart shaped template over filter and cut around shape or die cut the four coffee filters in Vagabond (all at once) with Sizzix die:
4. Set the filters aside for a moment while you create your custom dye!
5. Collect your Perfect Pearls, Dye Ink and Ranger mini-mister. I choose colors to match my Authentique papers used on the "Hello" card pictured above.
6. Open the Mini-mister and add one dropper of dye ink into the container.
7. Open the Perfect pearls container and add a smidge of Perfect Pearls. I use a tiny plastic spoon for this.
8. Fill the rest of the Mini-Mister container with water, place the sprayer top on the container and shake, shake, shake. (Usually at this point I label the mini-mister with the dye ink color name for future reference).
9. Set the cut coffee filters out individually on a surface that you can spray onto with out harming the counter. I use my Ranger non-stick craft sheet. Spray the filters with the mini-mister dye solution until they are saturated.
10. Use a paper towel to soak up and puddles.
11. Dry the filters with the heat tool. Once the filters are dry, stack the filters on top of each other and use a pin to place a hole through the center of all four filters. I punched a 5/8" paper circle as a "washer" for the brad to go through and placed the washer on top of the four filters and attached all with the brad.
12. Fluff flower by folder and pinching the filters up around the brad. Fluff and flatten or keep the flower as bigger if you prefer.
Create smaller flowers using a die like the Sizzix Flowers, 3-D #2 like this one I used on a layout:
6x6" Card Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches Friedly Flowers
Embellishments: Doodlebug Velvet brad
Tools: 5/8" circle punch, heat tool, Mini-mister, scissors, pin, heart template, Corner punch
Others: Perfect Pears (Ranger) Blush
Pens: Atyou Spica Glitter pens