Wednesday, November 23, 2011

So Thankful...for grandma's pies, her flowers, and so much more!


I wanted to take this opportunity to pay tribute my grandma who passed recently just a few days before her 96th birthday! She really hated having her picture taken in her later years; so I don't have very many of them and she managed to look away or make very strange faces in the few pictures of her  that I do have. I was challenged with the task of trying to capture her spirit in a different way. I choose to remember grandma with a fall flower from my garden. Grandma loved her flower gardens (especially lillies), making pies for her family (her apple was the best!) and seeing and visiting with family and friends. I will miss her. I've been thinking of how good one of her pies would be for Thanksgiving! This layout embodies her zest for color & nature with a little bit of bling:
I used the BoBunnyForever Fall die cut paper and Forever Fall paper, buttons, also, Maya Road ribbon.
Supplies Used:
Bazzill cardstock (die cut with an Accucut die)
Maya Road Ribbon
Spellbinder die for journaling block
Hardware & Ink: Ranger

No comments: