Friday, November 16, 2012

{Echo Park Very Merry Christmas} Project with Shelly Maxwell


Hi-Shelly here with a Christmas project I would love to share with you. I had a BLAST creating this Christmas shadow box decoration! It went really quick and it was super fun:
Here's how I did it: Begin this project with a Maya Road Trinket Shadow Box painted with Grass Green Distress Ink (HINT: Create your own custom spray ink by adding one dropper full of reinker dye in  Grass Green (Distress Ink) mixed with a small portion of perfect pearls, and water in a small spray vial). I then gave it a metal finish by adding Distress Stain in Brushed Pewter over the edges.
I cut pieces of paper to fit into the shadow boxes from Echo Park's Very Merry Christmas line of papers, Element Stickers, and Alpha Stickers.
Here's a close up of most of the boxes:
I used FabriTac Adhesive in the corners and added som Stampedous Frantage shaved Ice for SNOW (plus it's sparkly!)
I used one of the metal word banners from Tim Holtz's Idea-ology words. I tied little knots in each end and adhered it to the project with glue dots.
In this shadow box I used two layered Prima flowers with a Idea-ology Foliage from the Festive collection as the center. I colored the two white flowers using Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze Paradise Pink and Wicked.
A corked vial from Idea-ology's corked vial set filled partially with Stickles dry fine glitter in Christmas red and labeled with sticky back canvas and the word "Happy" adorns the box above.
Make your shadow box whimsical and add items from your childhood or tiny antique treasures.
Finally, I wrapped the outside of the box with Gingham Barn Red Fabric Tape from Maya Road.
Merry Christmas!-Shelly Maxwell
Visit The Scrapbooking Studio for more inspirations.

No comments: