Friday, July 27, 2012

{Card Sketch} with Copics


{Card Sketch} with Copics
by Shelly Maxwell

I would like to share a fun sketch with you today that can easily incorporate Copic colored stamped images. Here's the sketch:

Posted Image

Here's my take on it:

Posted Image

I used these Copic Markers to color in the stamped and die cut butterfly images and the Jillibean Soup wooden "Thinking of You" greeting:
Posted Image

Here's a closer look at the two butterflies:
Posted Image


As you can see, this sketch really lends itself to the use of almost any shape in the two circle areas. I used the new Sizzix Hero Arts Butterflies #3 die and stamp set. They are so easy to use with the Copic markers because the areas to added shading to are obvious once the image is stamped and to really give the card a summery feel I also added an actual photo to my card front.

Supplies:
Dies/Stamps: Sizzix Hero Arts Butterfly #3
Paper: Copic X-Press ItAmerican Crafts CardstockJillibean Soup Watermelon Gazpacho 6x6 Pad
Markers: Copics
Embellishment: Jillibean Soup
 
Posted Image

No comments: